TUITION/TEST FEES REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST PROCEDURES
TCSE may reimburse tests fees as a tool for recruitment of high demand positions like paraprofessionals (ex: Parapro/WorkKeys). ALL TEST FEE reimbursement requests require pre-approval from the director and proof of passing scores prior to disbursement of the pre-approved reimbursement amount. Complete this form Tuition/Test Fees Reimbursement Request Form and submit to the Staff Development Coordinator with copy of passing test scores.
TCSE contributes a set professional development budget amount toward tuition reimbursement annually. Special Education degrees or certifications in related areas of high demand or need (ex: Psychologist, SLP, VI, ECH) within the organization will have priority and total reimbursement amounts will be negotiated with the director per request. When considering requests, the TCSE Director considers the current needs of the organization and has the final approval to determine approved and reimbursed coursework. Other requests for coursework/degree or certification that may be beneficial to the employee or lead to advancement on the salary schedule, but not a high need for the organization (ex: Master’s in Special Ed., Teacher Leader, etc), will be considered at a specified per semester amount depending on the annual budget line. Requests are received on a “first come, first serve” basis, EVERY SEMESTER , until funds are depleted. In order to receive tuition reimbursement, the employee agrees to incur a 2 year work agreement with Tri-County Special Education (Tuition Contract) . If your request has been approved, the the following guidelines will apply. (4/2016)
GUIDELINES for REIMBURSEMENT of PRE-APPROVED TUITION or TEST FEES
- Coursework must be in special education or related field.
- The employee must provide transcript grades showing completion of each course with a grade of “B” or higher, or in the case of a non-graded course “satisfactory” or “pass” rating prior to reimbursement/disbursement.
- Tuition reimbursement for coursework/degree or certification that may be beneficial to the employee or lead to advancement on the salary schedule, but not a high need for the organization will have a per semester total, not to exceed $1000.00 or $3000.00 annually. (* Degrees or certifications in areas of high demand will have priority and reimbursement amounts will be individually negotiated with the Director/Designee)
- Tuition reimbursement will not include any portion of tuition covered by FAFSA or other grants/scholarships.
- Parapro/WorkKeys test fee reimbursement requires proof of passing scores prior to reimbursement.
REQUIRED FORMS submitted to the Staff Development Coordinator
- Tuition/Test Fee Reimbursement Request Form received by each semester due date
- Tuition Contract (complete 1X only)
- Copy of Registration (each semester)
In order to obtain the pre-approved reimbursement amount, once the semester/course/test is complete, the employee must forward the required documentation to the Staff Dev. Coord. :
- a) Proof of personal payment or bill/statement if deferred , and
- b) unofficial transcript/report/scores showing completion & grade
Upon receipt of required documentation, a payment will be made to employee (reimbursed) or university (if deferment arranged ) for the pre-approved amount.
SEMESTER REQUEST DEADLINES: REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO EACH SEMESTER DEADLINE for payment.
Spring Semester : Nov 1 * Summer Semester : March 1 * Fall Semester: May 1.
Please call Laurel Harris (618) 684-2109 or email email@example.com if you have any questions