According to the Sex Offender Community Notification Law, 730 ILCS 152/120, parents of children attending Illinois public and private elementary or secondary schools have the right to information about sex offenders made available to the public.
Information regarding the Illinois Statewide Sex Offender Database is accessible via the Illinois State Police Department’s home page.
This database includes a new mapping system where the public can identify any registered sex offenders living within 5 miles of any given address.
- Understanding Special Education In Illinois-Parents Guide
- IEP Forms
- Illinois State Board of Education Website (ISBE)
- Outside Agencies
- Referring a Child for Evaluation
- Procedural Safeguards for Parents of Students with Disabilities
- Regional Offices of Education (ROE)
- Sex Offender Notification
- Student-Parent Handbook